Software Developer - Autonomous Drones
You will be responsible for all aspects of system development - from low level interfaces to high level object coding. You will be working with a team of robotics and AI research engineers supporting them with algorithm implementations into the technology stack and deploying code on high performance servers. You will also need to contribute developing robot interfaces connecting low <> high level system parts. The work at AD is super interesting and rewarding - swarming, autonomous missions, fleet coordination, human-agent interfaces, field tests flying drone swarms.
Skills & Requirements
- Interest in robotics and drones.
- Solid understanding of computer science / computer architecture.
- Strong C/C++ software development skills, with experience with the latest tool-chains and IDEs, in a Linux environment.
- Development experience with Python.
- Understanding of multi-threaded and concurrent programming.
- Experience with AWS (Optional).
- Experience with ROS (Optional).
- Self-motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on person motivated to get things done fast.
AI Research Engineer
The AI research engineer will be responsible for the development of the AI module for drones and other robots. We are looking for a hands-on person who is not limited by theoretical research but is excited to implement it into practice. You will be responsible for developing algorithms and code for intelligent agents, planning, multi-agent coordination and swarming systems, and you will be involved in all phases of the development - from concept to implementation. Creativity and out of the box thinking is a plus as is a passion for robotics. Experience developing computer game AI is a huge bonus.
Skills & Requirements
- This position requires a Ph.D. or an MS in a computer science or artificial intelligence related field. MS candidates must have at least 3 years of experience. Relevant research, thesis, publications or hands-on DIY project is a huge bonus.
- Passion for robotics and AI.
- Experience in hands-on robotics research and expertise in one or more of the following: cognitive robotics, intelligent agents, planning or optimisation, machine learning, reinforcement learning, multi-agent systems, swarm intelligence.
- Experience developing computer game AI is a huge bonus.
- Knowledge in scene understanding, behaviour generation, robotic navigation, path planning is a bonus.
- Proven track-record of developing software applications and implementation using C++ (Python is a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to work within a highly motivated team environment as well as capacity to work independently.
Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to deliver on challenging software development tasks.